Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:18:41 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Photo Of Jared Lawton's Eagle Scout Project Complete
« previous next »
: [1]
: Photo Of Jared Lawton's Eagle Scout Project Complete  ( 4341 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 14, 2007, 06:52:26 AM »

The graffiti underneath the covered bridge in Fairfax has been painted over. Troop 853 finished this today. See photo below. Jared Lawton was the scout in charge of the Eagle project.

This Historic Old Bridge is perhaps the most photographed object in Fairfax -- Thanks Jared and Troop 853.

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : May 14, 2007, 07:55:14 AM »

I'll have to go down and take a picture of it. I thought I saw some poeople down by the bridge Sunday.
Unfortunately, this will be like washing a blackboard. They will look at this as a fresh canvas.
Great job, Jared. Thank you to all that helped!

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : May 14, 2007, 08:05:24 AM »

I read in the selectboard minutes a while back:

"Charlie has been contacting VTrans trying to get the anti-graffiti paint for Jared Lawton's Eagle Scout project."

Not sure what kind of paint that is, but will be interesting to see what happens.

I also contacted Jared's mother for more information as I wanted to make sure to give credit to everyone involved -- Nothing worse that omitting someone and below, besides the photo is what she sent me:

Henry,
My son, Jared Lawton presented this project to the Select Board in March for his Eagle project requirement. He covered all the graffiti underneath the covered bridge and picked up debris in the surrounding area. He had help from members of Troop 853.
Project leader: Jared Lawton
Participants: Scoutmaster, Tim Hodet
Don Fleming
JP Label
Brent Lagault
Logen McGinnis
Lee Benoit
Eric Hodet
DeAnna Farnham

Materials were donated by J &  L Hardware and Boissoneault Dairy.

I'll get back to you this afternoon with Jared's email, I'm not sure what he's using these days.

Thanks,
DeAnna
« : May 14, 2007, 08:09:58 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : May 15, 2007, 07:11:44 AM »

Mike Cain went down yesterday and took some additional photos of Jared Lawton's Eagle Scout Project.  I was talking with someone  down at the Town Office last night and we both were commenting on how sad it is that anyone would desecrate such a historic item and get enjoyment out of it.  To check out the additional photos of the project on Mike Cain's web site, click on the following link:

[/b]

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: