Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:59:52 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Young Fairfax Man Charged In Aiding Woman's Death
« previous next »
: [1]
: Young Fairfax Man Charged In Aiding Woman's Death  ( 2514 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 31, 2013, 06:12:12 AM »

ST. ALBANS, Vt. -
Two men have been charged with aiding in a woman’s death by allegedly providing her heroin.

Friday in Franklin County Criminal Court, Xxxxxx Xxxxxx, 24, of Fairfax, Vt., pleaded not guilty to two counts of selling heroin, one count of being an accessory to a sale, and one count of selling a regulated drug with death resulting.

“He’s a kid. At the end of the day, everybody's life is ruined,” a friend said outside the courthouse.

Also charged Friday, but in jail in an unrelated case, was Xxxxx Xxxx, 22, of Fairfield, Vt.

State drug investigators said they had been tailing Xxxxxx since May.

Court documents reveal investigators followed Xxxxxx  throughout the summer to alleged drug deals in Franklin County, Burlington and Winooski.

“If you have someone that sold drugs and committed a crime, why not pick them up on it and stop it?” a friend said outside the courtroom. “Why let it go to the point where a young girl loses her life and parents lose their families?”

In June, Xxxxxx allegedly provided Xxxx with heroin, investigators said. Later that day, Xxxx and his girlfriend shot up in Xxxx's house.

The pair went to bed, but The girlfriend never woke up the next day, dying from an overdose, according to the state medical examiner.

Franklin County State’s Attorney Jim Hughes said heroin is a growing problem in his district.

“We are going to step up and make sure people know the risks,” Hughes said.

In court, Xxxxxx's public defender advocated for his client’s release with a curfew since Xxxxxx had a clean record up until Thursday’s arrest.

But the court ordered Xxxxxx held until he could be released to a responsible adult.
Outside of court, Xxxxxx's friends had little to say.

“People can think what they want, honestly,” a woman said.

If convicted, Xxxxxx would serve a minimum of two years in jail and a maximum of 35, Hughes said.

Xxxx is scheduled to be arraigned Sept. 3.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: