Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 16, 2024, 02:32:36 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Deaths In 1957 -- 50 Years Ago
« previous next »
: [1]
: Deaths In 1957 -- 50 Years Ago  ( 3071 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 18, 2007, 07:13:17 AM »

Hi All,

I was thinking of the History of Fairfax and its people, many who have now passed on, so decided I would take a look at the deaths we had in 1957, 50 years ago.  Now I am probably going to be wrong on some of the things I remember about them, but here goes:

Young Bernard Boissoneault passed away on April 28, 1957 after a short illness.  He was only 11 years old.  He was the youngest child of Lucien & Simmone Boissoneault who were living where Orman Ovitt now lives.

Lumina Ratte passed away on May 1, 1957.  She was the wife of Joseph Ratte and they lived across the road from Nan’s Mobil.  Lumina was Steve Ratte’s grandmother.

Malcolm Howard passed away on October 14, 1957.  Malcolm was married to Beulah Howard and they lived in the little Sears Roebuck House now occupied by the Medical Group.

Reginald Nichols died on May 10, 1957.  Reginald & Freda lived on the farm on the Boissoneault Road, now owned by Rene Boissoneault and prior to Rene, it was owned by Roma Lavendure.  Reginald was only 52 years old when he died.  Reginald & Freda had five children, Mary, Dot, John, Jane and Eric.  Dot, Almon Woodwards wife still lives here in Fairfax.

Charles Edmond Parah who lived in North Fairfax died on October 6, 1957 at the age of 51.  I remember they had two children, Charlie & Bette.  I believe the house they lived in was on the right above Joyal Fuels as you head North towards St. Albans.

Rolla A. Southard died on June 14, 1957 at the age of 86.  Rolla lived in the house on the left just before you get to the bridge as you leave Fairfax Village.  Before they built that house they used to live where Isabell Boutin now lives.  I think I have heard it told that after the flood of 1927, Rolla decided to build a house on a little higher ground.

Now there were a number of other deaths that year, but these are the ones here in Fairfax that I was familiar with the people.

« : May 19, 2007, 10:54:42 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : June 07, 2007, 09:17:20 AM »

A Correction:

Was down at Hannafords yesterday and ran into Dot & Almon Woodward and during the course of the conversation the subject of where Reginald Nichols lived came up and thank God Almon told me where I wrote that as I certainly never remember half the time what I said or when.  Now for some reason I thought Reginald & Freda had lived where Roma Lavendure/Rene Boissoneault's farm is, but when Dot and Almon told me they had never lived there I realized I had made a mistake.  Reginald & Freda originally lived where Bob and Sharon Horr live up on the McNall Road then moved to the Woodward farm on Woodward Road in Huntville. Almon said he would have called me, but knew somewhere along the way we would run into each other.

While I was talking to Dot & Almon, it does look like the Bean Hole Supper will not be held this year which will be the end of an Era.  Noticed they had a bunch of beans, when they were checking out, but Almon said they were for a graduation.

Special thanks to Dot and Almon for setting me straight  -- 
« : June 07, 2007, 09:19:10 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : June 08, 2007, 06:25:09 AM »

In regards to Charles Edmond Parah - Steve Ratte knew the family well and sent me this information on them:

Hi Henry...
Regarding the info on the death of Charales Parah:    Since they used to call  his oldest son Charlie, Junior  & his middle name is Edgar, not Edmond... I would presume that Edgar is his middle name, though not sure of this.  They lived in the white  house just this side of Sara Tarrell - who lives across from Donna & Roger Meunier..  There are seven children:  Charles, Wayne, Lyle, Betty, Maurice, Armand & Nancy.
steve
« : June 10, 2007, 09:15:30 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: