Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 11:28:18 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Seven People From Fairfax Graduate From CCV Last Sunday
« previous next »
: [1]
: Seven People From Fairfax Graduate From CCV Last Sunday  ( 1907 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 08, 2007, 12:11:27 PM »

Hi Henry,
    Just a note to let you know that there were seven people from Fairfax, that graduated from Community College of Vermont last Sunday. Graduating with an Associate of Art degree were Amanda L. Bryan, Amanda L. Hensel, Shirley F. Langlois, Adam H. Sheppard Parent, Katherine L. Sheppard Parent, and graduating with an Associate of Science degree were Kevin B. Weeks and Tracy E. Weeks. The ceremony took place at Norwich University in Northfield, Vt. It was a perfect place to hold the graduation, as there were 461 students graduating this year, and close to 4,000 guests. It was great because the graduates could invite as many guests as they wanted.

I am grateful for the opportunity to attend classes and graduate from CCV in St. Albans. I returned to school after thirty five years of raising my three children and working as a machinists to get a degree in Graphic Design, and it was a wonderful experience. The teachers I had were intelligent and caring, the classes were fun, and the help I received in the Learning Center was so valuable. My advisor, Kathi Rousselle, was there for me at every semester, to advise and help me choose classes. She was also there when I needed a shoulder to lean on when I was having difficulties, as it was not all fun and games, but it was a wonderful experience, and one that I would urge anyone to take, no matter what their age. At sixty-one years old I wasn't the oldest student there.

I think these, and all the graduates this year, should be commended for all their accomplishments.
Shirley F. Langlois

PS I am enclosing a few pictures, and the complete list of CCV graduates from Vt. were in the Free Press Tuesday June 5th, and the Franklin County CCV graduates were in the May 31st Messenger.

CCV President Speaking at the graduation

Governor Douglas Speaking at the graduation

Shirley Langlois Receiving her diploma

Congratulations to all - It takes a lots of courage to go back to school after all those years Shirley and you indeed should be very proud of yourself -- If anyone has any other pictures, please feel free to send them to me as you all deserve to be recognized.[/b]

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: