Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 10:23:18 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Rita Magnan's Brother Dies At Age 74
« previous next »
: [1]
: Rita Magnan's Brother Dies At Age 74  ( 3062 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 27, 2016, 07:50:16 AM »

ENOSBURG FALLS – Michael David Howrigan I, age 74, of Enosburg Falls, Vermont, died at his home on March 24th, 2016, surrounded by his family. This is fitting because he has been our center – the heart of our family.

Michael was a lifelong farmer, steward of the land and maple sugar maker. He graduated from St. Mary’s High School in 1960. He was also a long-standing member of the Enosburgh Town Select Board.

Poppy, as he is affectionately known to many, loved his Enosburg Hornets, his horses, going to horse pulls, his Oliver tractor, his pick-up, Dumpy the dump truck, going to Maine in the fall, visiting fairs all over New England, maple creemees, and most of all his family.

Michael leaves behind his wife of 54 years, Judy (Boucher) Howrigan; his children and their spouses: Shannon and Jeffrey Kane, Molly and Randy Swainbank, and Michael Howrigan II and his wife Tanya; his pride and joy, his grandchildren: Samantha Sliney and her husband Brian, Sabrina Stebbins and her husband Shawn, Chelsea Mends-Cole and her husband Moustafa, Whitney Kane, Caleb Swainbank and his wife Ashley, Jenessa and Noah Swainbank, Connor, Brayden, and Shea Howrigan and his great grandchildren: Sullivan, Spencer, Rowan, Ada and Griffin. He loved to see them and hold the babies.

He is also survived by his sisters and their families: Margaret Pelletier, Patti Reynolds, Jeanne Howrigan, Rita Magnan, Ellen Howrigan, Kate Baldwin and Joan Hungerford; his brothers and their families: Tom Howrigan and John Howrigan; his sister-in-law, Mary Howrigan and many aunts, uncles and beloved cousins – he loved them all! Michael was predeceased by his parents D. Francis and Neva (LaRocque) Howrigan; his brothers, William “Billy” and Raymond Howrigan and his in-laws, Francis and Marjorie Boucher.

Visitation will be held Monday, March 28, 2016 from 4-7 pm at the Spears Funeral Home, 96 Dickinson Ave., Enosburg Falls, VT.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 11:00 am at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 116 Church Rd., Fairfield, VT with Fr. William Giroux officiating.

For those who wish, contributions in Michael’s memory may be made to Enosburg Athletics – Varsity Baseball, P.O. Box 417, Enosburg Falls, VT 05450 or the Billy Howrigan Memorial Scholarship Fund, c/o Joan Hungerford, 167 High Street, St. Albans, VT 05478 or the Raymond J. Howrigan Scholarship Fund, c/o B.F.A Athletic Department, 71 South Main St., St. Albans, VT 05478.

Condolences may be sent through www.spearsfuneralhome.com

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: