Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:52:03 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Frank Reed Dies At Age 83
« previous next »
: [1]
: Frank Reed Dies At Age 83  ( 2405 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 18, 2016, 04:36:57 PM »

Frank Waterson Reed, Jr., 83, of Jeffersonville, Vermont died peacefully at home on April 16, 2016 after a courageous battle with leukemia. He died surrounded by his loving family. Frank was born on March 8, 1933 in White River Junction, Vermont to the late Frank and Gladys (Rice) Reed. After graduating from Hartford High School, Frank enlisted in the Marine Corps where he severed as a radar technician during the Korean War. Frank married Marilyn Sleeper, the love of his life and high school sweetheart, while in the Marine Corps. Frank returned to Vermont following his military service where he attended the University of Vermont and received a degree in electrical engineering. He joined Sanders Associates where he worked on top secret projects for NASA and the US military. He received two patents for those efforts. In 1965 Frank joined IBM in Essex Junction, Vermont where he was involved in the design and testing of computer memory components for 27 years. He retired in 1992 and spent the next 24 years playing duplicate bridge, gardening, traveling, and spending time with his family. Frank served the community as an active member and leader of American Legion Mt. Mansfield Post #35 in Cambridge, VT. After the passing of his wife, he was fortunate to find love again in his companion of the last 11 years, Alberta Clokey.

Mr. Reed is survived by his companion Alberta Clokey of Fairfax, VT; children Gordon (Suzan) of Mebane, NC, Harold (Sally) of Tucson, AZ, David of Eden, VT, Raymond (Susan) of Charlotte, NC and Karen (Mark) of Grand Isle, VT; grandchildren Gardner, Hannah, Charlie, Emily, Fletcher, Dylan, Whitney, Katie and Abbie; his sister Janice Pounders of Atlanta, his brother-in-law Roger Sleeper of Addison, and numerous cousins, nieces, and nephews. In addition to his loving wife Marilyn and his parents, Mr. Reed was predeceased by his sisters Thelma and Barbara and his brother Irving (Chuck). Mr. Reed's family would like to thank the nurses and staff at the UVM Medical Center and Franklin County Home Health for their comfort and support.

Funeral services will be held on Saturday, April 23, at 1 p.m. at the Second Congregational Church of Jeffersonville, VT. A reception will follow. In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts may be made to the American Cancer Society .

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: