Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 07:30:25 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Photo Of Kitten Found Across From The Post Office On Route 104
« previous next »
: [1]
: Photo Of Kitten Found Across From The Post Office On Route 104  ( 2285 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 22, 2007, 03:55:04 PM »

Hi, Henry
Could you post an ad about a found kitten up on your website. It was found around 8 AM this morning on 104 across the street from the post office. Not sure if it is a male or female it is grey and black mixed and about 4 months old. It might be a ferrel cat, if so does anyone want to adopt it. Call Peggy at 849-2050
                                                              Regards, Tom Feerick[/b]

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : September 23, 2007, 07:35:46 AM »

When I read Tom's note which said it might be a ferrel cat, I just had to check out what a ferrel cat was, so I went to the Internet to check it out and here is what I found:

Feral means "gone wild." Feral cats can be the offspring of stray or abandoned domestic cats who have reverted to a wild state. They can also be the offspring of feral cats who have lived in a wild state for some generations. Finally, they can be domestic cats that have run off, or have been abandoned, or have "gone feral" meaning "gone wild."

They had lots of articles on the Internet about them and in one case they mentioned that one group called "Barn Cats", which is probably what my sister has at her place that are considered to be Feral cats.  For years, even though she never had a house cat until she took over the responsibility of my aunt's cat when she died, she has always put out food for these stray cats who at times seem to come there in droves.

Although she cannot pick up these "barn cats" and pet them, they do come when she feeds them, but they sure do scatter if a stranger comes in the yard.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: