Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 16, 2024, 01:57:00 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Connie Welch Weston does July 23, 2024 in Zephyrhills, FL
« previous next »
: [1]
: Connie Welch Weston does July 23, 2024 in Zephyrhills, FL  ( 901 )
ssweet
: 313

« : August 03, 2024, 08:30:52 AM »

ZEPHYRHILLS, FLORIDA and BARRE, VERMONT, Connie Lee (Welch) Weston, 77, left us to be with Jesus, July 23, 2024, at the Memory Care Facility, American House, Zephyrhills, FL, from complications of Alzheimer’s Disease. Proverbs 16:20.

Connie, with a beautiful, infectious smile, was a gentle, compassionate wife, mother, and grandmother who will be greatly missed by family and friends.

Born in Barre, Vermont, on June 23, 1947, she was the daughter of the late Clayton E. and Pearl (Town Marvin) Welch.

Connie attended Fairfax Elementary School and 2 years at Bellows Free Academy, Fairfax, VT, graduating in 1965 from Spaulding High School, Barre, VT. Her employment included bank cashier and loan officer for several Central VT banks, caregiver to her mother with Alzheimer’s Disease, and a VT State Corporate Income Tax Examiner. She was the Financial Secretary and sang in the choir at the First Baptist Church, Barre, VT for many years. A shy, talented pianist, she usually only played when she thought no one was listening. However, she was always eager to give some basic lessons to her grandchildren. In recent years, fostered by her late father’s and husband’s military service, Connie developed a passion for veteran assistance programs. Her enthusiasm for this cause included a life membership in the Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary Post 790 and an 18-year membership in the American Legion Auxiliary Unit 10, both in Barre, VT. For the latter, she served as Auxiliary President for three years and attended state and national conventions as a delegate.

On May 12, 2007, Connie married Stephen F. Weston at the First Baptist Church, Barre, VT where she had been a member for many years. 1st Corinthians 13: 4-8

Connie is survived by her husband, Stephen of Land O Lakes, FL; four sons, David Norkeveck and wife, Kathy of Colchester, CT; Daryl and wife, Karen Norkeveck of W. Topsham, VT; Kevin Putney and wife, Renee of South Barre, VT, Ryan and wife, Lindsay of Lewiston, ME. She is also survived by four stepchildren, sixteen grandchildren, and fourteen great grandchildren. Connie is also survived by two sisters, Diana and husband, Roger LeClair of Zephyrhills, FL, Jennifer and husband, Timothy Brogan of Ballston Spa, NY; two brothers, Steve and wife, Martha Welch of Chittenden, VT; Donovan and wife, Carol of Zephyrhills, FL and several nieces and nephews.

Visiting hours will be held on Saturday August 10, 2024 from 10:00 am until the hour of service at 11:00 a.m. at A. W. Rich Funeral Home, 1176 Main Street, Fairfax, VT 05454. Interment will follow in the family lot in Fairfax Plains Cemetery, Fairfax, VT. She had asked that her memorial stone be inscribed with a cross and “I leave my sins and burdens at the foot of the cross and go to live with my Father in heaven.”

Donations in her memory may be made to the American Legion Auxiliary Unit 10, 320 North Main Street, Barre, VT 05641.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: