Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:21:54 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Jennifer Maxham Recognized for Volunteer Service
« previous next »
: [1]
: Jennifer Maxham Recognized for Volunteer Service  ( 2607 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 18, 2008, 06:16:12 PM »

Fairfax, Vermont -­ Jennifer Maxham, of South Hero, has been honored for her exemplary volunteer service with a state-level Certificate of Excellence from The 2008 Prudential Spirit of Community Awards program.  Jenn was nominated for this award by Bellows Free Academy-Fairfax in Fairfax, where she is a student.

Presented annually by Prudential Financial in partnership with the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP), The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards honor young people across America for outstanding community service activities.

Jenn also has received a President's Volunteer Service Award from the President's Council on Service and Civic Participation, which recognizes Americans who have volunteered significant amounts of their time to serve their communities and their country.

Jenn earned her awards through her extensive involvement within her community, especially in 4-H and the local rescue squad.  Jenn's participation in 4-H has provided her with the opportunity to be an ambassador for the agriculture industry, raising awareness about the importance of agriculture in Vermont at local and regional fairs.  Jenn has also contributed to her community through her participation in her local rescue squad, where she plays a part in ensuring the safety and well being of the community.

The recipients of these awards vividly demonstrate that young people across America are making remarkable contributions to the health and vitality of their communities, said Arthur F. Ryan, chairman of Prudential Financial.  They truly deserve all of the praise and encouragement we can give them.

The young people recognized by the Spirit of Community Awards demonstrate an enormous capacity for giving and reaching out to those in need, said Gerald N. Tirozzi, executive director of the National Association of Secondary School Principals.  NASSP is proud to honor them as they are wonderful examples of the high caliber of young people in our nation's schools today. Volunteer activities were judged on criteria such as personal initiative, creativity, effort, impact, and personal growth.

Henry Raymond
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #1 : April 21, 2008, 08:26:57 AM »

Jen Maxham is one of the nicest kids i've met.  Met her though basketball where she was an integral part of her team, not only by her on court contributions but also her great atttitude, drive and commitment to her team.  Congratulations Jen.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: