Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:12:06 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Doris (Rowland) Blaisdell Passes Away At Age 95
« previous next »
: [1]
: Doris (Rowland) Blaisdell Passes Away At Age 95  ( 2655 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 13, 2007, 07:34:00 AM »

Maurice & Doris Blaisdell used to live next door to The A. W. Rich Funeral Home.  Their daughter Beverly lived there for a while then later moved out to California to be near her children.  In 1997, Doris Blaisdell sold the property to her Grand daughter who later sold it to John Workman/David Modica in 1999.  Beverly passed away on January 2, 2004 and Maurice, Doris's husband passed away on January 21, 1984 at his home here in Fairfax.  Their son, Maurice, Jr. also passed away.  The house has been turned into a rental building and the barn was out back.  I don't know if the barn is still there or not and suspect that the land where the new development out back is was part of the Blaisdell Farm - Anyone with corrections to this info, please let me know.

DORIS A. BLAISDELL OLD BRIDGE, N.J. — Doris Anna Blaisdell, 95, formerly of Fairfax, Vt., passed away Sunday, Nov. 25, 2007, at the Reformed Church Home, Old Bridge. A native Vermonter she was born in St. Albans and lived on a farm in Fairfax with her husband Maurice Blaisdell while raising her children, Maurice, Beverly and Jeanne. For many years Doris was an R.N. at St. Albans Medical Center. She was a cherished friend and neighbor in the community, known for always having an open door and hot homemade meal for all. Doris enjoyed cooking, crocheting, antiquing, relaxing on the porch and the mountain views from her kitchen window. She was a true believer that there was no better place to raise a family but in the fresh country air and simple life of Vermont. Doris was a strong, loyal woman, always ready to lend a helping hand and provide advice to those in need. She was an inspiration to many young women, an example of how to juggle work and family expertly. In her later years, Doris moved to San Bernadino, Calif., where she lived with her daughter Beverly until returning to Dumont, N.J., to be close to her youngest daughter Jeanne. A dedicated wife, loving mother, grandmother, greatgrandmother and great-greatgrandmother she will be deeply missed and thought of often. She is survived by her daughter Jeanne Sherman, grandchildren: Susan Lachance, Bill Sherman, Steven Sherman, David Sherman, Katie ShermanWoehr, Nancy O'Kelley, Beth Gray, Michelle Zancarro, Steven Blaisdell, James Blaisdell, Edward Blaisdell and many great-grandchildren and greatgreat-grandchildren. A memorial service will be held in her honor in the Reformed Church Home in Old Bridge, Dec. 15, at 10 a.m. Letters of condolence may be sent to her daughter, Jeanne Sherman, at the Reformed Church Home, Old Bridge, N.J.
« : December 13, 2007, 09:34:31 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : May 11, 2008, 06:00:40 PM »

A Burial Service will be held at the Binghamville Cemetery on Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 2 p.m.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: