Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 09:30:14 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  SA Police Offering Old/Unused Prescription Drop Off - Why Rick Doesn't
« previous next »
: [1]
: SA Police Offering Old/Unused Prescription Drop Off - Why Rick Doesn't  ( 2227 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 14, 2008, 10:29:46 AM »

ST. ALBANS -- St. Albans city police are offering a 30 day program in which people can drop off prescription drugs at the police department as a way to deal with "rising drug issues" in the area, police said today.

Police say they will attempt to get prescription drugs out of circulation by assisting area residents with the collection and proper disposal of old or unused drugs from May 21 through June 21.

I checked with Rick at The Fairfax Pharmacy to see if he did.  Rick told me he doesn't because the FDA and DEA frown on it.  Rick as we all know if very honest and would do the right thing, however, there are always some bad apples who would reuse these drugs turned in.  Rick said if he did it, he is sure the FDA and DEA would be right over his shoulder, thus Drug Stores do not do this.

It is a real pain in the neck to get rid of old prescriptions.  I have some now that I need to crush, disolve in water, put in Kitty Litter or Coffee Grounds, put in a zip lock back and send to the landfill -- Whew!!!

Have to go to St. Albans, so will probably stop at the St. Albans Police Station and drop them off.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: