Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:38:49 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Ira Manley - BFA '50 - Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Ira Manley - BFA '50 - Passes Away  ( 3228 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 15, 2008, 07:31:16 AM »

Ira Manley, a graduate of BFA Fairfax in 1950 passed away in Clermont, Fl.  Ira's family lived in Westford.  His sister, Pauline also graduated from BFA in 1953.  Ira was also one of the original IBMers that started with us in 1957.

Ira W. Manley — 1932 - 2008

Clermont, FL — Ira W. Manley, 76, Clermont, FL died May 12, 2008 after a brief illness. He was born May 10, 1932 in Colchester, VT, son of Leland and Ida Manley. He served in the US Air Force during the Korean Conflict. After an honorable discharge in 1955, he worked as a toolmaker for IBM & Kraft Foods before retiring from the Standard Register Company in Middlebury, VT in 1988. He and his wife Marjorie then moved to Florida where he has been employed by Walt Disney World full & part-time for the past 18 years. His brother Phillip Manley preceded him in death.

Surviving is his wife of 55 years Marjorie S. Manley, children David (Shirleen) Manley, Arkadelphia, AR; Susan Swenor of St. George, VT & Robin (Paul) Manley-Jenkins of Irvine, CA; granddaughters, Charlotte, Emily, Andrea and Kaitlyn; great granddaughter Kenadie and great grandson Quinton; sister Pauline Oliva of North Springfield, VA; several nieces and nephews.

A Memorial Service will be held at Florida National Cemetery in Bushnell, FL and will be announced at a later date. The family suggests memorial contributions in his name to the Mike Conley Hospice House, 2100 Oakley Seaver Dr., Clermont, FL 34711. Becker Family Funeral Home, 806 W. Minneola Ave., Clermont, FL., (352) 394-7121, is serving the family.

Condolences Messages can be sent via the Internet by clicking on the following link:

« : May 15, 2008, 09:58:05 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : May 15, 2008, 09:47:27 AM »

Another note of interest to you older residents of Fairfax, Ira's sister Polly was originally married to Rod Hardy.  The Hardy Family used to live in the house that Sam Hudson lives in now.  Polly used to ride to work with me and I used to drop her off at the Mary Fletcher where she was a Medical Secretary.

As some of you who have been following my forum and newsletters from some time have probably heard several times, when I started commuting from Fairfax, back in 1953, there were very few commuters from town.  Girls didn't seem to have cars and to name a few, Carol McGue Sheridan, Louise Potvin Minor, Helen Brodeur, Pauline Boissoneault Ratte, Polly Manley and others I can't remember right now would catch rides either on a weekly basis or some on a daily basis.

Noticed 3 cars in the commuter parking lot on the corner of McNall and Rte 128 yesterday.  Maybe riding to work together is coming back.

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : May 15, 2008, 10:02:44 AM »

We have a picture of Polly Manley in a majorette uniform standing at the bottom of Hunt Street back in 1950-something.
Hunt Street itself looked a lot different back then.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: