Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:18:40 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  TD Bank North Relying On Computer Fraud Software
« previous next »
: [1]
: TD Bank North Relying On Computer Fraud Software  ( 2460 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 20, 2008, 06:51:12 AM »

TD Banknorth has notified New Hampshire customers that their Visa debit or credit cards have been compromised, most likely because of the Hannaford Brothers Supermarkets security breach.

Bank spokeswoman Jennifer Carlson says the bank noticed the fraud cases. She said a privacy policy prevented her from saying how many customers were involved.

TD Banknorth says instead of having a mass cancellation and reissuing its Visa debit and credit cards, it's relying on fraud-detection computer programs which it says can monitor for fraud and even decline transactions as they are being made.

In March, Hannaford announced that a security breach had compromised more than 4 million customer card numbers.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: