Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:15:00 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Tax Free Holiday This Weekend
« previous next »
: [1]
: Tax Free Holiday This Weekend  ( 2514 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 09, 2008, 09:21:09 AM »

Tax-free holiday

GENERAL ITEMS: Vermont’s 6 percent sales tax and local option sales taxes will be lifted Saturday and Sunday for nonbusiness purchases of less than $2,000 per item. Vermont does not have a sales tax on food and clothes, so those items are unaffected. Automobiles will continue to be charged the purchase and use tax. Meals-and-rooms tax on prepared food and lodging remains in place.

Other items that are not eligible for the sales-tax holiday include telecommunications charges, season passes for ski resorts and amusement charges.

ENERGY STAR APPLIANCES: Sales tax will be exempt July 14-18 on appliances with an Energy Star label purchased for personal use and priced less than $2,000. Other Energy Star products such as doors and windows are not included.

FOOD DRIVE: The Vermont Grocers Association and Vermont Retail Association are promoting a food drive in conjunction with the sales-tax holiday, asking shoppers to donate nonperishable food items that will be donated to local food shelves.

INFORMATION: The state is promoting the holiday at www.taxfreevt.com and has information about what qualifies at www.state.vt.us/tax/index.shtml. For a list of food drive participants, visit the Vermont Grocers Association at www.vtgrocers.org.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: