Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:27:48 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Who Benefits From The Art In Bloom Festival??
« previous next »
: [1]
: Who Benefits From The Art In Bloom Festival??  ( 3186 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 07, 2008, 08:58:18 AM »

Some concern in regards as to who benefits from the Art In Bloom Festival were raised.  I received the following note from Shelly Potala in regards to this:

"What goes to Fairfax Fire and Rescue is the entry fee of $35.00, The raffle monies, parking monies, iced coffee donations and ice cream donations. It is not fair to take the artists profits as we need them to be there as well as the food vendors. Not only is it a fun event but it is also entertainment for the residents and a little way of helping the fire department."

Henry Raymond
mxdave
: 74

« #1 : July 07, 2008, 10:26:13 AM »

As a member and the Treasurer for the Fire Department I have worked with Shelly on the Art in Bloom Festival. Shelly works countless hours on this all year long and keeps detailed records of all expenses and money brought in from the festival. Shelly does a wonderful job with this Festival and the Fire Dept. is lucky to have her in there corner. Thanks Again Shelly.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: