Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:20:57 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Dinner served at the Kotzebue, Alaska Senior Center
« previous next »
: [1]
: Dinner served at the Kotzebue, Alaska Senior Center  ( 3054 )
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« : August 26, 2008, 06:23:08 PM »

Charging musk ox fatally shot

The Associated Press

Published: August 26th, 2008 02:44 PM
Last Modified: August 26th, 2008 02:55 PM

Residents of a Kotzebue senior center are feasting on musk ox after the wild animal was fatally shot by a man it was charging.

Alaska State Troopers say 51-year-old Cyrus Harris of Kotzebue was at his remote camp about 12 miles from town when the lone bull musk ox went after three chained dogs in his sled-dog team. One of the dogs sustained minor injuries in the attack Sunday afternoon.

Wildlife trooper Eric Lorring says Harris managed to get the musk ox out of the dog lot, but then the 1,000-pound animal turned on him. Lorring says Harris shot the musk ox in self-defense.

Lorring says he flew to the site and helped butcher the dead animal. He says most of the meat was donated to the senior center.

-----------------------------------------

I have had some back strap from musk ox.

It doesn't taste like chicken.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : August 26, 2008, 07:00:20 PM »

OK - So I had to google Musk Ox to find out what these seniors were eating - Now I know why it doesn't taste like chicken:

Henry Raymond
Suzy
: 429

« #2 : August 26, 2008, 07:54:28 PM »

How is the backstrap Mike?  Some of the best meat I ever had was bison backstrap...mmmmm
It was surprisingly good!  Suzy
: [1]  
« previous next »
: