Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 09:36:46 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Thanks To Technology Grammy & Grandpa Will See The Play
« previous next »
: [1]
: Thanks To Technology Grammy & Grandpa Will See The Play  ( 1906 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 28, 2008, 09:18:45 AM »

A few years ago, Maryann and I would have been planning a trip down to Charleston, NH to see our grandson perform in the RIVER THEATER PRESENTATION  "SAMMY CARDUCCI'S GUIDE TO WOMEN."  Although not a terribly long distance, we have not been able to see Sammy, our youngest grandson, shown in the play photo below on the left, or our oldest grandson Henry play football.  Thanks to video cameras and digital cameras and the Internet, we do have the opportunity to see them perform.  Sammy has been very fortunate to have been selected over the past few years for parts in plays, at least a couple each year, something he absolutely loves, and his parents always purchase a DVD for us to view his accomplishments.  We are very proud of both of them and maybe someday, Henry will be playing with the Bellows Falls Football team up here on McNall Field - That one we most likely would see first hand.

River Theater will present the youth comedy "Sammy Carducci's Guide to Women," based on the novel by the same title, Thursday, Sept. 4 through Sunday Sept. 7 at the Old Town Hall in Charlestown.   Directed by Theresa Norman Goodwin and Brandon Norman, the cast features Rebecca Holtz, Alexis Savage, Reed Chuda, Sam Empey, Jimmy Norman, Jacqui La Chappelle and Marie Simoneaux.

Sammy Carducci isn't your normal sort of kid. For one thing, he wears a suit to school, along with high-top sneakers to show that he's still one of the people. More importantly, he's an expert on just about everything, especially women, or so he tells his gullible friend Gus Gaffney. With Gus taking notes, Sammy sets out on a survey, based on scientific principles, to find a date for the school dance. The girl he selects is Becky Davidson, who happens to be sweet, beautiful, and a foot taller than Sammy. Narrated by Sammy and Becky, the play follows Sammy's pursuit of the perfect girl, employing such proven techniques as "The Eye," "The Voice of Love," and "The Freeze." Becky watches, alternating amusement and outrage, along with her world-weary friend Alice Biddle.

When 14-year-old Kevin Reynolds takes an interest in Becky, both she and Sammy are faced with some difficult decisions, which ultimately boil down to one question: How quickly do I want to grow up?

"Sammy Carducci..." will perform Thursday and Friday, Sept. 4th and 5th at 7:30 PM and Saturday, Sept. 6th at 2:00 and 7:00 PM and Sunday, Sept. 7th at 2:00 and 5:30 PM at the Town Hall Theater, located on Summer Street in Charlestown.   Reservations are encouraged, since there is limited seating, and may be made by calling Theresa Norman at 603-276-8431.  Tickets are $5.  For more information about River Theater,  visit their website at www.freewebs.org/rivertheater.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: