Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 06:00:00 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Looks Like A Good Crop Of Grapes At Boyden's Winery
« previous next »
: [1]
: Looks Like A Good Crop Of Grapes At Boyden's Winery  ( 2195 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 04, 2008, 06:54:59 PM »

JoAnne Wilkins sent me the two photos below of grapes at Boyden's at the intersection of Routes 15 & 104 in Cambridge.  Now you just have to know JoAnne, that this brings to mind another story about Fairfield Ridge.

We had a huge grapevine about 100 x 30 feet located on a ledge.  Don't know how the grapes grew there, but they did, apparently the roots must have wound themselves to the edge of the ledge.  I mentioned the grapevine to a friend of mine who has since built a house in what was once a meadow not far from the grapevine.  He told me he had tried them once, but they were extremely sour - Well, the trick was, at least when I was a kid, is you don't eat or even try to eat those grapes until after you have had the first frost.  After that first frost, they are just as sweet as they can be.  My mother and also my grandmother (Dad's Mother) also made some great homemade wine with them.  I remember having some of that wine when I was a kid and it was a red wine and sweet.  Haven't tasted a wine like that since, although probably all the wine connoisseurs frown on that type of wine.

Ok JoAnne, so you coaxed another Fairfield Ridge Story out of me.  Many thanks for the photos:

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: