Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:21:38 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  I Remember When!!
« previous next »
: [1]
: I Remember When!!  ( 2595 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 02, 2008, 07:47:10 AM »

Don't know if you were the same as I was as a kid, but how exciting that first snow storm was.  I suspect that our weather forecast were based mainly on what our parents came up with back in those days as we didn't have all the detail we have today.

I do remember getting up in the morning and looking out the window and seeing the snow and being so happy about it.  Of course my first thoughts were to go out and make a snow man.  How times change.

We have been forewarned by Sharon Meyer that tonight there is a possibility of some Mountain Snow, which means, hopefully, somebody will be sending me a photo of the white snow on top of the mountain with the colored leaves below it.  Whether this will effect fletchtb's daily trip over the Notch, I don't know, but I am sure he will make us aware when the Notch closes.

We won't need to worry about that first snow storm down here for a while though as the usual saying is once that snow appears on top of the mountain, six weeks later it is here in the valley.  (Most years that is)

Below is a photo taken during an early October snow storm when the leaves had not started to fall yet.  My sister took it and it is the big old maple tree in her front yard.  She had it enlarged and gave it to us one Christmas:

« : October 02, 2008, 07:51:56 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
fletchtb
: 310

« #1 : October 02, 2008, 08:59:57 AM »

I will certainly keep you posted regarding the status of Route 108 through the Notch! It won't be long now until I am driving around the mountain again.

Thanks,
Todd
: [1]  
« previous next »
: