Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:44:55 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Veterans From Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Veterans From Fairfax  ( 2824 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 09, 2008, 09:06:25 AM »

This is a topic that has been brought up several times and I have never gotten very far with it.  It is very difficult to get the names of our veterans who have served their country from Fairfax. 

We do have the following however.  We have a listing of all the veterans that are buried here in Fairfax.  This listing is used to place the flags on the graves in our cemeteries.

I am told there is a listing at school on a plaque.  Not sure what the list is, whether it covers just WWII, or what it does cover, but I believe these are just BFA Alumni.

Looks like an all inclusive list would have, lived here, went to school here, buried here, and I think that would cover them all. 

Now if anybody has an idea on how to get that list, would be interested in hearing about it.

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : November 09, 2008, 09:35:17 AM »

The plaque at the school is all the names of BFA Alumni that served in WWII. There are a few names, 6 or 7, that are a darker color than the others. Those are the ones who lost their lives in the war.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: