Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 05:43:44 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Beware Of Black Ice
« previous next »
: [1]
: Beware Of Black Ice  ( 2690 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 18, 2008, 04:07:12 PM »

Cars are zipping down by at a pretty good clip here on the Fletcher Road, so apparently there is no black ice here yet.  If I were living at the foot of Mill Hill here on the Fletcher Road though, certainly wouldn't be sitting in the front room.  I believe they have metal guard rails there now, but don't know if they would hold a car or not.

Remember years ago where George Stuart used to live at the end of the Milton Cross Cut on Route 128, I believe Bill Meisenzahl was up on the roof working on the chimney when a truck hit the house.  Bill might just have a good story about that.

The National Weather Service in South Burlington warns motorists that black ice is possible on area roads after sunset. Commuters should be wary.

With all of the snow shower activity this afternoon, many of the area roadways have become wet. With sunset -- at 4:22 p.m. today -- these road surfaces are expected to quickly cool off. This in turn will allow ice to form on untreated roads and bridges.

Motorists are urged to drive with extreme caution late this afternoon and evening.
« : November 18, 2008, 04:09:31 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #1 : November 18, 2008, 04:37:54 PM »

Central Vermont is just starting to feel the affects.  At least one car in the Waterbury/Stowe area crashed.  No injuries or need to emergency services.  But, it is all a matter of time!

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: