Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 10:02:34 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Response To VEC Notice Of Proposed Rate Change
« previous next »
: [1]
: Response To VEC Notice Of Proposed Rate Change  ( 2887 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 21, 2008, 02:00:38 PM »

Vermont Electric is requesting a rate change and you can view this request by clicking on the following link:

http://www.vermontelectric.coop/

My wife Maryann has responded to them as a Vermont Electric Coop Customer as follows:

Vermont Public Service Board
112 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05602-2701

To Whom It May Concern:

It is my understanding that Vermont Electric Cooperative is seeking yet another rate increase that they will pass on to their consumers at a time in our country’s history when the economy is in a dire crisis. 

Families and seniors are struggling to barely survive and many have lost their jobs, and their homes.  Health care costs are out of control, and the housing market is bottoming out all across our country.  This is not the time for any business to be seeking rate increases or higher payroll-related expenses when many haven’t seen a pay raise for several years and our Seniors will never see another pay raise. 

We’ve tightened our belts as much as we can and now it’s time for businesses to do some tightening of their own.  If the capital improvements are so crucial then borrow the money to do them and delay any increases for the consumers for a couple of years until we all get back on a firmer footing.  We have nothing left to give!  We’re tapped out! 

Lastly I’m also disheartened by our state representatives constantly listening to the protestors and attempting to shut down Vt. Yankee which will put another 700 or more out of work in our State.  Nuclear Energy is a non polluting source of power, the cheapest source available throughout our state and to shut it down at a time when we have nothing available to replace over 30% of our power sources is outrageous!  It’s time Montpelier realize that they’re there to represent the people of Vermont and to help them survive this current economic crisis and not be touting their own special interests. 

Thank you for listening.

Maryann M. Raymond
Vt. Electric Coop Customer
473 Fletcher Road
Cambridge, VT 05444

Cc: David Hallquist, CEO & Michael Bursell, CFO
Vt. Electric Cooperative, Inc.
42 Wescom Road
Johnson, VT 05656

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »