Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 06:02:57 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The Minor Funeral Home Now Has Its Own Web Site
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Minor Funeral Home Now Has Its Own Web Site  ( 1891 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 22, 2008, 08:19:17 AM »

I was checking the obituaries in the St. Albans Messenger and noticed that Minor Funeral Home had a link, so went and checked it out.  Sure enough, not sure how long it has been up there, but they must have 5 or 6 obituaries on it.

Most of our local Funeral Homes have web sites, which makes it nice for people to be able to go and check the obituaries. As of the past week, I have not been able to pull up the obituaries on The Burlington Free Press.  I sent them 3 emails and they did not respond.  I finally called them yesterday and they put me through to kind of a non caring individual who asked me what version Windows Explorer I was using and when I told her Version 7, she told me that if I had Version 6, it might give me problems, but Version 7 shouldn't.  She told me she was having no problem accessing it down there, although she said they were moving the obituary section to another server.  Her last answer was, I am sorry, I can't replicate the problem, so will be unable to fix it.  One tries to remain calm at a time like this.

I did contact Chris Santee who also has DSL and he was also having problems as well as our two computers here at the house.  Customer Support - Yah!!  Right!!

If you would like to check the Minor Funeral Home Web Site, click on the following link:

http://www.minorfh.com/

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: