Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 01:52:02 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Ralph Brannon Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Ralph Brannon Passes Away  ( 1895 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 29, 2008, 08:22:46 AM »

Ralph has done a lot of work in the Fairfax Area and was the Architect that designed St. Luke's Parish Center in 1963-64
RALPH P. BRANON

BURLINGTON - Ralph P. Branon, 78, of Burlington died on Friday, Nov. 28, 2008, at his home. He was born in Fairfield, on July 14, 1930, the son of the late E. Frank and Mary (Barry) Branon. He graduated from St. Mary's in St. Albans and the University of Detroit as an Architectural/Structural Engineer, P.E. Ralph served in the U.S. Army from 1955 to 1961. On Aug. 9, 1958, he was married to Mary Theresa "Terry" Moore in Detroit. They moved to Vermont in 1960, where Ralph opened his own architectural business. Some of his designs include the Newman Center at UVM, Fanny Allen Phase I, Gifford Hospital, St. Pius X and St. Lawrence Church along with numerous other design projects in Vermont. He was an avid hunter and outdoorsman, a second generation sugar maker and member of the Sugar Makers Association, and 4th Degree member of the Knights of Columbus. Ralph is survived by his wife of 50 years Terry Branon of Burlington; his children Mary Theresa Thelen and husband Chad of Jeffersonville, Glen Branon and wife Allison of St. Johnsbury, Cathleen Branon-Keogh and husband Pat of Fairfax, Greg Branon and wife Karen of Georgia, and Ellen Rivait of Burlington; 17 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; his brothers the Rev. Philip Branon of Newport, and Paul Branon and wife Mary of Acton, Mass.; his sistersin-law Mary Branon of Plattsburgh, and Barbara Branon of Fairfield; and by numerous nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his sons James and Ralph Branon; as well as his two sisters and five brothers. Ralph's family would like to extend special thanks to Kim Fox and the volunteers at the Visiting Nurse Association for the care and kindness given to Ralph and his family during his illness. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Monday, Dec. 1, at 11 a.m., in Christ the King Church with interment to follow in Resurrection Park Cemetery. Visiting hours will be held on Sunday, from 4 to 7 p.m., at the Ready Funeral & Cremation Service South Chapel, 261 Shelburne Road, Burlington. In lieu of flowers, contributions in Ralph' memory may be made to the VNA-Hospice, 1110 Prim Rd., Colchester, VT 05446. To send online condolences to the family please visit www.readyfuneral.com

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: