Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:58:03 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Did You Join The Black Friday Celebration??
« previous next »
: [1]
: Did You Join The Black Friday Celebration??  ( 2044 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 29, 2008, 09:32:38 AM »

Apparently lots of people were in Burlington yesterday from what I could see on the news.  Some started at 3 a.m.  Not locally, but at one Walmart Store a temporary employee of Walmart's was trampled to death as approximately 100 people walked over him.  Hard to believe something like that would happen.  I understand that they have 900 Free Parking spaces assigned down in the Burlington Area, but suspect they must have been pretty hard to find.  I haven't been down on Church Street in years as I usually go to The University Mall on Dorset Street. 

Mike Cain's Blog http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7krm0/ this morning indicated that was quite a Zoo.  If you had some interesting experiences yesterday, let us who didn't dare venture out in the crowds know about them.  If you send me a note make sure you let me know if you don't want me to post it or you had rather I do it annonymously.

I did a quick run around town yesterday and saw one person on the Fletcher Road putting up their Christmas Lights as well as one on Gifted Road.  Not a lot of decorations out yet, but did notice that Jim & Lena Meunier seem to have a porch filled with Christmas Decorations that would probably be more noticeable at night.

I will have to get my manger scene out, I guess - Maybe it will scare away the moles that have already decided they will be taking up residence in my front yard.

Henry Raymond
dearon
: 233

« #1 : November 29, 2008, 04:23:33 PM »

I was there, it was for the most part O.K.  There were some unusually grumpy people in the crowd.  The staff was especially helpfull and joyfull.  Got alot of good deals and tried not to let the grumps bother me.
The crowd at the most was more too my liking!  Very happy people and not too awfully busy I though.  Then again I was very early.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: