Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 02:18:08 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Sand & Salt Should Work Today
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sand & Salt Should Work Today  ( 2205 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 09, 2008, 09:39:51 AM »

Although our Fletcher Road had been sanded, didn't do much good.  Last night when I went down to Mass, the temperature was 3 below zero and the roads were indeed slippery, although some cars didn't seem to notice it.  I believe Don Pigeon told me that salt doesn't work on the roads when the temperature gets below 17 or 18 degrees.

On my way back home, coming up Mill Hill, the front wheels spun a bit and it reminded me of the days when our cars were all rear wheel drive.  Coming up Mill Hill on that curve could be a little tricky as turn the front wheels all you wanted, without caution you would end up in the ditch on the oncoming side of the cars coming down the hill.  With front wheel drive you can at least pull yourself over to your side of the road.  Front Wheel drive was a great thing for most of us, even though we were just a bit cautious when they first came out.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: