Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 05:25:45 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Sounds Like A Good Deal, But..........
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sounds Like A Good Deal, But..........  ( 2908 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 13, 2009, 09:20:10 AM »

When I was down getting my haircut last week, Andy was telling me he was up at Handy's in St. Albans and they had 3 Cadillacs that sold for about $50,000.  He said they had cut the price on them down to $30,000.  I bought a year old Cadillac back in 1992 that had 11,000 miles on it and paid $25,000.  It was a great car and was before they started reducing the size on them.  It had a big V8, but made 20 mpg easily.  Eventually, we had to trade it in for a van as both Maryann and I were beginning to have trouble getting in and out of it.  Today's Cadillac is shrunk considerably in size.

Anyhow, the latest thing is:

Stimulus: Tax Break for Buying Car

For example, if somebody buys a $30,000 car at 8-percent sales tax, the person would pay $2,400 in sales tax.  H&R Block said if that person earns $65,000 a year, he/she would get $600 back after filing their tax returns.

Well, with the way the economy looks, I will stick with what I have, couldn't afford the $30,000 to begin with.  To read more, click on the following link:

Henry Raymond
Mummy
: 280

« #1 : February 13, 2009, 10:13:08 AM »

Personally, I think car are one of the greatest waste of money unless you use it for a business of some kind.  My last car had 298,000 miles and I owed it for a total of 14-years!  I did have some rust taken care of at 8-years of age but my point is even after 14-years and 298,000miles I donated the car.  There was nothing wrong with it even then and it still looked good!

It sounds like the price is right with this new "stimulus" being door #1 and I am holding out to see what is behind door #2 in the next round!  I still have a lot of time, my car only has 171,000 miles on it and just 6-years young.  Not to mind the less expensive car insurance on a 6-year old car which many folks forget to factor into the over all expense!

Does anyone see how this Stimulus is going to save jobs?  I don't.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : February 15, 2009, 12:49:36 PM »

With the bill being over 1,100 pages I can guarantee that the people who voted on it have no idea either.

Suspending payroll takes for 3 or 4 weeks for employers and employees sounds like a better way to put money back into the economy, which would be a real stimulus.
But even that would create a bigger mess come April 15, 2010. Most people wouldn't think that far ahead and budget for the IRS bill.

People who didn't budget last year when the State of Alaska rolled out those $3,400.00 Permanent Funds checks with the extra $1,200 energy rebate tacked on are seeing  that problem. The average comes out to be about $300.00 for the energy rebate alone. If you have a family of 4 and rent a home, you have a BIG bill coming.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: