Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:29:57 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Ronald Wimble - Obituary
« previous next »
: [1]
: Ronald Wimble - Obituary  ( 3036 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 25, 2009, 08:12:56 PM »

Ronald P. Wimble

Fairfax - Ronald Perley Wimble, 71 passed away at Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington on Tuesday February 24, 2009.  He was born on January 1, 1938 in Cambridge, VT son of the late Francis and Lucille (Evans) Wimble.  He was a graduate of BFA – Fairfax class of 1956.  Ronald married the former Sheila Smith on May 26, 1973.

Ronald spent most of his life on a farm as a farmer, or selling to farmers as an Agway manager. In addition to these careers he was also an avid hunter and fisherman. In his later years when arthritis claimed much of his ability to walk and get around, he found his enjoyment with his family, pets, and sports on TV.  He was devoted to his wife and sons and will be missed not only by them but by the all the people he managed to touch during his life. But even as we miss him we will remember him in a laugh, in a Yankee baseball game, in a dish of ice cream and he will not be forgotten.

Ronald is survived by:  His wife of 35 years Sheila (Smith) Wimble of Fairfax;  His two sons:  Todd Wimble and wife Kelly of Essex Center;  Richard Wimble of Fairfax;  His two grandchildren Ryan and Tyler Wimble.  His sister Rebecca Bessette and husband Jim of Swanton;  His aunt, several cousins, nieces and nephews.

Visiting hours will be held on Friday February 27, 2009 from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. at A. W. Rich Funeral Home – Fairfax Chapel.  A memorial service will be held on Saturday February 28, 2009 at 1:00 p.m. at A. W. Rich funeral Home – Fairfax Chapel with the Reverend Elizabeth Griffin officiating.  Inurnment will be private and at the convenience of the family in the family lot in Sanderson’s Corner Cemetery Fairfax, VT.  Memorial contributions in Ronald’s memory can be made to the American Sleep Apnea Association 6856 Eastern Ave. N.W. Suite 203 Washington, DC 20012.  The family invites you to share your memories and online condolences by visiting www.awrichfuneralhomes.com.  Arrangements are by John D. Workman, A. W. Rich Funeral Home – Fairfax Chapel 1176 Main St. Fairfax, VT 05454.

If you click on the following link there is a whole slideshow of photos on the A. W. Rich Funeral Home Web Site of Ron through the years:

« : February 25, 2009, 10:41:22 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : February 25, 2009, 10:45:32 PM »

For those who viewed the obituary earlier, I have added one photo, plus at the end of the obituary, John Workman has a slide show of photos throughout Ron's life if you click on the link I have placed there.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: