Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 11:36:56 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Lady Bullets vs Lake Region 2/24 - A far better battle for BFA
« previous next »
: [1]
: Lady Bullets vs Lake Region 2/24 - A far better battle for BFA  ( 2937 )
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« : February 24, 2009, 08:41:29 AM »

Game is at 7:00 in Lake Region.  Make the Journey to support your hard-working, high-spirited BFA Lady Bullets.
« : February 25, 2009, 09:27:05 AM Loctavious »

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #1 : February 25, 2009, 07:43:01 AM »

The BFA Varsity Team traveled to Lake Region yesterday with a daunting task ahead of them - playing and competeing in 32 minutes of basketball against a relentless and extremely talented team who'd already defeated them in both regular season meetings soundly.  'Small victories' is what I look for in these types of games - controlling the boards or forcing shooters out of their range or sweet spot, or shutting down certain players on offense.... something that can be viewed as a solid positive.

This varsity team, limping in some regards, went out and played some good basektball.  BFA lead at 1 point in the 1st with a 4-3 lead.  End of first it was 12-7 lead by Lake Region and by half Lake Regions lead had only grown to about 10-12 pts.  BFA was playing some of their best energetic defense and the offense didn't resemble the same faltering offense in the prior meeting.  JV Players Renata Flanigan and Ashley Benard suited up for varsity and played well.

Contrary to the last 2 meetings, Lake Region DID NOT beat BFA by 40-50+ pts in this meeting. In this game, BFA had less turnovers and got better offensive opportunities than the last meeting, holding Lake Region to under a 30 pt win ( 26 to be exact).  Though a loss, the Varsity Girls DID see it in a better light. SMALL Victories are something that have a solid positive side - this definitely can be considered one.
« : February 26, 2009, 02:31:15 PM Loctavious »

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: