Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:22:07 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Former Fairfax Residents Elated With News From Home
« previous next »
: [1]
: Former Fairfax Residents Elated With News From Home  ( 2207 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 14, 2009, 06:26:34 PM »

I send out a little newsletter, although not very often, to a number of residents and former residents.  They still love to hear what is happening in their town and really enjoy seeing photos of familiar places.  I used to do this quite frequently and have received many notes from people telling how much they miss them.  It was indeed quite time consuming, especially as the forum began to increase in popularity.  When I do send one out, many take the time to write back little notes and below is an excerpt from one of the notes I received:

"We are pleased to hear that the plans are in place for the rebuild of Steeples. The town and area must really miss having that business gone.

And the news of the Country Pantry changing hands. To see Deb with  her smile on her face was great.  When we first moved into Fletcher in the late 60's I think she had the pizza place there in the village. After Saturday night Mass we would have pizza to take home. And, of course, her cakes were served at many gatherings that we attended."

« : March 14, 2009, 06:29:28 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: