Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 12:20:19 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Sale Of S T Griswold May Effect Local Employees
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sale Of S T Griswold May Effect Local Employees  ( 3187 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 30, 2009, 11:29:01 AM »

S T Griswold is being sold to S. D. Ireland and employees from S T Griswold are being layed off.  The last I knew, we had a number of local people employed by S T Griswold.  I haven't seen one of their trucks go by in a while.  One of my cousins from Alburg used to honk his truck horn whenever he went up by and they were the ones that delivered the cement for my garage as well as my daughter's garage and house.  Channel 3 stated this noon that they did not know if any of the employees would be hired by S. D. Ireland.

« : April 30, 2009, 11:34:15 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
tfence
: 257

« #1 : April 30, 2009, 04:32:01 PM »

This is not a good thing. This gives to much power to one company. They will have to much control over all commercial projects and concrete therefore control over many subcontractors by setting the pay scales which will trickle down to all pay scales around. I have seen this happen before. Isn't there laws on Monopolizing. Not that it matters what I say they will just create subsidiaries from the parent company (loop hole). The state should oversee this sale. It will only cost the consumer more money. Does any one know if they bought the Griswold plant in Massachusetts to?

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : April 30, 2009, 06:32:28 PM »

When I posted the original post, I remembered that a number of the guys who worked for J & L Foundations went to work for Griswold and had thought of contacting Jim & Lena to see what they knew about this.  As luck would have it, Lena sent me a note and this is what she said:

"Hi Henry, It is my understanding that the guys that work for S,T. will have to apply for a job with Ireland if they want to stay in the concrete business.  Some of the guys that went with us to S.T. when we sold J & L Foundations aren't that young anymore.  I hope that Ireland takes the guys that have been in the business for 30 years over the young ones that don't know squat about working in concrete.  They will get guys that aren't afraid to give a days' work.  I have my fingers crossed.  Yes, you can post this.   Lena"

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: