Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 07:23:14 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Stimulous Money For Route 104
« previous next »
: [1]
: Stimulous Money For Route 104  ( 2800 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 10, 2009, 07:43:12 AM »

The Burlington Free Press reported today that:

"Vermont will have $117 million in federal stimulus money to spend on roads and bridges this year -- key since transportation revenues have been shrinking. The Agency of Transportation will request bids on about 90 projects totaling more than $250 million by fall. One of the projects will be an 11-mile stretch of Vermont 104 from the Fairfax/Cambridge line to St. Albans. "It would be a godsend. This piece of highway is very heavily used for east-west traffic, actually even from Maine to Plattsburgh," said Bob Horr, Fairfax Selectboard chairman."

Henry Raymond
Formerflatlander
: 67

« #1 : May 10, 2009, 09:31:20 AM »

Is there any way we the citizens can inquire or lobby to have this happen?  I know I have to travel the section between Fletcher Rd. and 104A every day for work and that it was a mess this past winter.  Hopefully the project would be more than just a resurfacing as the problem sections are the culverts causing the "frost heaves", especially the ones close to Nan's.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: