Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:29:04 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Its A Quiet Morning For News
« previous next »
: [1]
: Its A Quiet Morning For News  ( 2274 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 14, 2009, 07:49:00 AM »

If I read it right, St. Mike's is graduating today.  My sister Theresa mentioned last Sunday that this was her 50th Class Reunion year for graduating from Trinity College in Burlington.  She didn't remember how many graduates there were, but not very many she said.

She managed to go through college with a senatorial scholarship from Senator Richard Soule and riding in to college each morning where I would drop her off at Trinity College on my way in to work and pick her up on my way home.  Some days she would only have one class.  After her graduation in 1959, she then started teaching up in Richford where she taught for 18 years.  Interestingly enough some of the students she taught she has connected with here in Fairfax, one being Ginette Pigeon, Don's wife and also Stacy Wells, Town Office Assistant.  If my memory serves me right, she also taught up in Richford with Bill Meisenzahl.

In her earlier years, she stayed up in Richford, but later travelled each day from Fairfax to Richford in her little Volkswagon Bug.  It was a long cold 45 miles in the winter, as those of you that may have had the pleasure of riding in a Volkswagon Bug in the winter know that the heaters were not the greatest in them and you had to bundle up as if you were riding in a horse and sleigh in order to keep warm.

I believe the tuition to go to Trinity College back in the 1950s was around $300 a year.  By living at home, travelling in to College with me and bringing her lunch - We made it.

By the way, you may think that $300 isn't very much, but keep in mind that mother & dad had an 8 cow farm and I was making $35 a week, so thank God for that Senatorial Scholarship as she graduated from college not owing one penny.
« : May 14, 2009, 07:54:18 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: