Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:24:52 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Penny Wise & Pound Foolish
« previous next »
: [1]
: Penny Wise & Pound Foolish  ( 2645 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 14, 2009, 08:25:11 AM »

One of our daughters had mailed her Mother a Mother's Day Card on May 8th, in plenty of time for it to arrive for Mother's Day.  However, she kept checking with her Mother to see if it had come yet and it hadn't.  Found out why yesterday.

In the mailbox was the card with an envelope paperclipped to it with a Postage Due Envelope of 20 cents.  It was apparently mailed in a mailbox and the stamp cancelled in White River on May 8th.  Normally the envelope has an extra postage note on it, but this one didn't.  The person in White River must have an extra sensitive touch to pick out this overweight Mother's Day Card.

Henry Raymond
Kathleen
: 167

« #1 : May 14, 2009, 10:53:53 AM »

At Christmas, I had to pay an additional .20 because it was a homemade card that didn't lay flat so it had to be hand-cancelled rather than machine-cancelled.  BUT ... I don't know if this is just a local post office policy or not since ALL mail goes through the White River Annex, because out of 15 identical cards sent, I was the only one in Milton and was the only one who had to pay an additional charge.

I've also noticed that delivery time is extremely inconsistent.  Remind me again why the postal rates have increased?
: [1]  
« previous next »
: