Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 11:37:45 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  52 Years Ago Today
« previous next »
: [1]
: 52 Years Ago Today  ( 2310 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 19, 2009, 07:41:51 AM »

May 19, 1957 was a beautiful Sunny Sunday.  Young Charlotte McNall was looking forward to celebrating her 35th Birthday and Young Mildred Warren was looking forward to celebrating her 34th Birthday.  Little Bobby Bessette had just celebrated his first birthday in February.

As for me, I had been to Mass that Sunday morning and was headed off for a new career in life.  I had been down to the IBM Plant in Essex Junction the previous Friday Evening and given some written directions along with some cash so that I could take a trip down to Poughkeepsie, NY to start my training for a job on the assembly line at IBM, Poughkeepsie the following Monday Morning, May 20, 1957.  Some 28 local people from up here in Vermont did the same thing that Sunday.  This was the start of my last job before I retired on July 31, 1992.  An important and memorable day in my life.

Several local people here in town, Lee Minor, Dalton Machia and Bill Cootware had already started several weeks earlier.
« : May 19, 2009, 07:54:52 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: