Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:37:38 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  This Fairfax Born Fletcher Lady May Just Hold A Record
« previous next »
: [1]
: This Fairfax Born Fletcher Lady May Just Hold A Record  ( 2154 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 21, 2009, 11:59:17 AM »

Mary Jo (Pigeon) Gillilan must definitely hold a record for singing at the most funerals - She has a beautiful voice and if you check the obituaries, you will find that she is the soloist at many funerals.  Mary Jo's mother, Grace (Ferguson) Pigeon was the St. Luke's organist here for years and certainly did her share of funerals here at St. Luke's.  Mary Jo's talents have been shared across several counties.  She definitely is my choice for singing at my funeral, even if they have to delay it a day or so to work it into her schedule.  Mary Jo was brought up here on The Family Farm on The River Road.  Her parents were Leo & Grace Pigeon and she is married to Bruce Gillilan and now lives in Fletcher.  You might just know her brother, Don.  When I asked Don about his singing abilities, he declined to talk about it.

Mary Jo, you always do a great job.  Keep up the good work.

« : May 21, 2009, 12:01:35 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
mirjo
: 785

« #1 : May 21, 2009, 04:33:10 PM »

I'm pretty sure she does. I attended a funeral on Saturday in Highgate and she was there and back at it here on Wednesday. With wedding season coming upon us soon, she'll be pulling double duty as she is the wedding singer of choice for many. It's a rare occasion that I attend a wedding or funeral that I don't see Mary Jo.

She has a beautiful voice and anyone who has not ever heard her has missed out. Although, for me personally, I am always disppointed when she is playing the organ instead of the guitar. Although she does both equally well, I really enjoy the guitar pieces the most. It really is like the heavens have parted and angels are singing.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: