Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:37:38 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  WALK TO SCHOOL WEEK AT BFA-FAIRFAX - OCT 3-7
« previous next »
: [1]
: WALK TO SCHOOL WEEK AT BFA-FAIRFAX - OCT 3-7  ( 2246 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 30, 2005, 06:03:02 PM »

'Walk to School Week' at BFA-Fairfax Elementary set for Oct. 3-7
Gov. Douglas in Fairfax on Oct. 4

Many students at Bellows Free Academy (BFA) Fairfax cannot walk or bike to school due to distance, busy roads and lack of sidewalks. Due to these restrictions, BFA-Fairfax Elementary will have daily walks during "Walk to School Week" built into the school curriculum each day.

The school is also having a Healthy Eating theme going on at the same time.

On Tuesday, Oct. 4, at 1:30 p.m. Governor Douglas will be going to the school to walk with all Elementary students and say a few inspiring words. Students will walk during Health and PE classes, during 1-2 morning meetings or other appropriate class time. There will also be an option to walk during recess.

Activities planned for the week include:
Oct. 3 - Red Hot for a Walk Day;
Oct. 4 -Walk with Governor Douglas at 1:30;
Oct. 5 - "Walking Wednesday;"
Oct. 6 - Family Walk before Open House (5:45 p.m.);
Oct. 7 - Hats Off To Walking - wear a funky hat that day.

Kids will earn a prize if they walk at least 3 to 4 times during the week and receive a hole punch on their "Walk to School Week" card.

(students bring cards to lunch Oct. 6 and give to Mrs. McKeown for prize).

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: