Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 02:28:10 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  FORMER FAIRFAX MAN RESTORES OLD JOHN DEERE
« previous next »
: [1]
: FORMER FAIRFAX MAN RESTORES OLD JOHN DEERE  ( 2466 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 19, 2005, 07:04:46 AM »

I received the following note and photo from David Irish who lives out in Michigan:

"Enclosed is picture I thought I would share with you of My 1960 John Deere 435 Diesel which I restored at its first public appearance in August at Schettenhelms All Color Plow Day.  It took 2 years to completely rebuild this tractor which is rather rare with a 2 cylinder 2 cycle Detroit Diesel Engine which was built here in "Detroit.  The tractor spent its first 40 plus years working in tobacco field of Kentucky before I bought it.  It was the first John Deere 435 tractor to ever  show up at this plowing competition where it put in a very respectable showing."

I sent Dave back a note that my Dad disliked John Deere Tractors because of their noisy 2 cylinder put, put, put noise and Dave sent me back the following note:

"Where I live it is hilly, but the All Color Plow Day is very flat land, probably old lake bottom land.

The one thing about this tractor is it doesn't go put-put, but screams with its Detroit Diesel Engine and supercharger which put 12" Hg boost in the manifold..  This makes some old 2 cylinder John Deere fans cringe with its screaming whining Detroit Diesel Engine.  Other John Deere fans like my self find this a rare tractor which only a few were built and makes it unusual today and a collector item. Dave Irish"

For those of you who may not know Dave, he was brought up on the Allen Irish Road with his parents Allen & Evelyn Irish.  His mother Evelyn was a long time school teacher here at BFA with Dave himself graduating from BFA in 1955.

I'm sure many of you have some interesting hobbies and I would be glad to post them or you may do that yourself as well as photos.

Many thanks to David Irish from Michigan for sending this to me.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: