Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 04:21:16 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  PHOTOS OF BRIDGET MORGAN TAKEN IN MONTPELIER
« previous next »
: [1]
: PHOTOS OF BRIDGET MORGAN TAKEN IN MONTPELIER  ( 2387 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 23, 2005, 11:28:09 AM »

The annual "Recognition of Women in Ministry" celebration took place last Sunday, Oct. 16, at 3 p.m. at St. Augustine Church in Montpelier.

The celebration is a time for the women to be publicly honored and thanked for all they do for their parishes and communities. Its purpose is to affirm the gifts of women in the church.

In past years women from a variety of ministries have been honored including choir members, catechists, secretaries, event organizers, directors of religious education, extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion, lectors, pastoral council members, ministers to the sick and elderly, sodality members, finance committee members and pastoral associates.

A coffee to honor Bridget Morgan will be held here at St. Luke's on Sunday, October 30th where she will be presented a certificate at the 9:45 Mass and follow with coffee hour downstairs, as Bridget's ministry is oriented to that Mass. People coming for the 11 a.m. Mass will have space at the rear of the parking lot, and can fill spaces vacated by some 9:45 parishioners.

Bridget Morgan of St. Luke Parish, Fairfax was one of twenty-four women who received this honor.  Thanks to Steve Ratte, I have a few photos show below taken at St. Augustine's last Sunday.

Bridget is shown below marching in:

Bridget with Bishop Angel:

Bridget in the group shown in red at left:

Bridget with her Mom:

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: