Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:21:31 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Any word on the Bean Hole Bean Dinner yet?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Any word on the Bean Hole Bean Dinner yet?  ( 4516 )
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« : July 01, 2009, 08:00:19 AM »

Has anyone heard anything about this?  I've enjoyed this event in the past and it's a great way for folks in town to gather and 'socialize'.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : July 01, 2009, 08:32:25 AM »

For many, many years, Dot & Almon Woodward this this - I went up several years ago and did a little photo story on them for my forum.  Click on the following link to check it out if you wish:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?topic=568.0

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #2 : July 03, 2009, 04:24:07 PM »

Al and Dot Woodward did the Beanhole Dinner for many years; it is  a very laborious process.  About 5 years ago--I think--they decided that after at least 20 years of putting on the bean hole supper, it was time to retire from work well done and well received.  Unfortunately, no one picked up that particular torch!
  Of course, we all miss the fine meal that put on for the community, with the help of many others, of course.   
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #3 : July 06, 2009, 08:10:56 AM »

AHHHHH NOOOOO!

We went to it a few times and loved it.  I just was talking about it with some folks from another town and they were all excited to try it out.......

It was always a well-attended event as i remember and back then, when my family was still pretty new to the area, local folks were very kind and social.

HMMMMMMMM...... think Al and Dot would bequeath the know-how to me?  I know you mentioned Dot had a secret seasoning recipe Henry, which might be off limits, but the basic knowledge of the pit dimensions, cooking times, ingredient proportions, and maybe a few hints and tips to remember WOULD be EXPONENTIALLY Helpful.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
edakrupp

« #4 : July 06, 2009, 03:03:44 PM »

If you need a hand doing this I too could help. I have a vast culinary background, and I am great at delegating and getting stuff done. I have no idea how "a bean hole" is done, but would love to add it to my culinary knowledge.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: