Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:46:12 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Pictures of the Day 7/13/09 and Blog- Behind the Pictures
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pictures of the Day 7/13/09 and Blog- Behind the Pictures  ( 2994 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : July 12, 2009, 09:37:43 PM »

Pictures of the Day July 13, 2009

A couple of race cars going topless.

BEHIND THE PICTURES
Posted for Monday July 13th.............................

One of the first things done with a sprint car, usually soon after the pit meeting, is something called "Heat in the Engines".
Sprint cars do not have starters in them and they need to be pushed off.
Every other race car can be fired up in the pit area next to their haulers to let the engine warm up.
For sprint cars, they set aside a time when the cars are pushed over to the track, then pushed off to be fired, the car then circles the track, comes back to the hauler, and then sits there with the motor running while it is checked for leaks and such.
Last Saturday at Can-Am, there was so much mud around that us and Tommy Wickham's team took the top wing off for heat in the engines. This way, there would be less mud to scrap off when the car came back after travelling around the track and through a muddy pit area.
After hot laps on a muddy track, it's not uncommon to scrape off a good 15-20 pounds of mud. Off the top wing, off the side bars, off the shocks, everywhere.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
trussell
: 870

« #1 : July 13, 2009, 05:52:11 AM »

Topless pics, eh? And posted on a Sunday, no less!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
: [1]  
« previous next »
: