Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 04:46:25 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A Beautiful Summer Evening & A Ride Around Town
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Beautiful Summer Evening & A Ride Around Town  ( 2459 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 11, 2009, 07:41:39 AM »

It was in the 80s last night and a truly beautiful evening here in Fairfax.  Maryann and I have not been our riding around town just to look around in over a year and last night was the perfect night.  We started off by driving down to Nan's and getting one of their delicious creemees.  Drove down Summit View Street and turned around at the end.  For some reason, I always thought it to be a street where there were no children, but noticed in the yards of several houses that there were children's gyms, so although I saw none around, assume there must be kids there.  All really nice places with many blacktop driveways that lead to a street not paved with many potholes.

We then drove down Hunt Street to the very end.  As we drove by the school, Maryann remarked what a large Elementary School we had now and also got a chance to see the Bus Garage further down the road.  There were some people with a bonfire down near the end of Hunt Street.  We were able to turn around at the end and head back up.  When we got up near BFA, Karen was out in the road sweeping up a broken glass beer bottle somebody had apparently thrown in the road.  We do have such a beautiful town, thanks to people like Karen who pick up after those like the person (s) who threw the glass beer bottle on the blacktop.

We took a look at Steeple Market close up.  It definitely is bigger than the old one and many are looking forward to the grand opening, maybe around Labor Day or shortly after.

We then took a ride down River Road.  Passed by the Glucks who were taking their evening stroll down the River Road.  We didn't take any of the cross roads on the way.  A large group was gathered down at Zeno's for a game of volleyball, but otherwise things were rather quiet.  I was driving rather slow as I wanted to give Maryann a chance to see all of the different places as we went along, however, it is always difficult as two or three cars crept up behind me and I am sure were not too appreciative of my sight seeing drive.  I stopped just beyond The Fairfax Salvage entrance and let them pass and they gunned by me.

We turned around just before the falls and came back driving up Shepardson Hollow Road after a nice quiet ride around town.  Next time we will take a few other streets and roads around town.  Nice way to end a beautiful day that makes you realize what a wonderful place you live in.

Henry Raymond
ohhman
: 469

« #1 : July 13, 2009, 12:33:29 PM »

We do have a nice little town & a great supportive community here in our town!  That's why when we arrived home & saw the broken glass I knew I had to sweep it up before my neighbors past me picked it up in their tires! Just what our town water super or volunteer fireman or our doctors or anyone down the road wouldn't need! Too bad those that throw trash of any kind out their windows feel they just can't keep it in their car & dispose of it when they get home rather than mess up our roadsides!  But the glass.....some little ones riding their bikes, skateboards or walking could fall & get hurt.......too dangerous  not to sweep up.  So, thank you Henry for the recognition & it certainly was nice to say "hi" to nice folks like you both!  makes it all worthwhile!!!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: