Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 08:41:26 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Not Much Going On In Fairfax Today - That I Am Aware Of Anyways
« previous next »
: [1]
: Not Much Going On In Fairfax Today - That I Am Aware Of Anyways  ( 2255 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 19, 2009, 08:32:11 AM »

Next weekend there are quite a few things going on, but today, July 19, 2009, apparently not a popular day for events.

Back some 48 years ago, I was putting in some new windows at our old house at 80 Fletcher Road.  I see the house is for sale by the owner now.  Those windows, well haven't looked closely, but look like the the windows I put in.  On July 22, 1961, in mid afternoon, which was on a Saturday, I was struggling with getting the bottom right hand window installed in the front of the house.  I had just gotten the old window out and my sister in law comes screeching in the yard with her car and said you had better get home right away, Maryann is in labor and you have got to bring her to the hospital

Well, becoming a new father for the first time, I didn't handle this too calmly. I flung whatever I had going on the ground, jumped in my car and headed down to the house we were living in at the time, which is where Ed Paquin lives now at the foot of Main Hill.  Everybody else was very calm, telling me that her contractions were only 4 minutes apart.  Nevertheless, I told my mother-in-law to call my Dad and ask him to come down and throw something over the hole in front of the house where the new window was going and we were off to the Mary Fletcher Hospital in Burlington.

Our oldest little girl was born the next morning around 5 a.m.  It was one tough night, and Maryann didn't have it too easy either.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: