Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 01:40:58 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  JoAnne Wonders - Did Somebody Lose Some Birds??
« previous next »
: [1]
: JoAnne Wonders - Did Somebody Lose Some Birds??  ( 3148 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 20, 2009, 03:49:17 PM »

Hi Henry,
 I saw these birds on my way to work this morning. They were roaming near the Toof Rd.
I think they must be some sort of pea fowl, but not sure. Probably escaped from someone?

JoAnne

Henry Raymond
Judi
: 508

« #1 : July 20, 2009, 05:35:10 PM »

Joanne, the birds thought if they ran away (flew?) no one would find them.  They didn't know about your skills at finding and photographing all the wonderful wildlife in Vermont.  Beautiful birds!
Travis
: 141

« #2 : July 20, 2009, 07:38:05 PM »

For some reason I don't think they are indigenous to the region. I'm not an expert, but it looks like one is a peacock and another is a peahen. I would be willing to bet that if the one with the most blue on the head, neck and chest were to fan out it's tail it would have those distinctive markings that we're all familiar with.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: