Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:19:03 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Nobody Would Do That To Save 75 Cents - Or Would They??
« previous next »
: [1]
: Nobody Would Do That To Save 75 Cents - Or Would They??  ( 3198 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 22, 2009, 09:12:23 AM »

Last night when it was pouring rain, I looked out and saw my Messenger in my paperbox.  It was in an orange sleeve to keep it from getting wet.  I decided I would not go out right then.

Anyhow it ended up getting dark and I did not go out after it, as I decided I would get it with the Free Press in the morning - What do you know, no sign of The Messenger this morning - Just the Free Press

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #1 : July 22, 2009, 11:23:42 AM »

Henry,

When I was a kid I delivered the Essex Reporter.  When I first started, I was told that it was ok to use Burlington Free Press boxes so that's what I did.  After about 6 months, a good portion of my route became served by a new BFP delivery person... who would take the Essex Reporter out if it was still there when they delivered their paper the following morning (because, I'm told, BFP owns the boxes).  Because delivering every single one of the 191 papers to the front doors got to be very time consuming (and cold in the winter), I only lasted 2 years.

So anyway, did you check with the Free Press on it? I know how you love calling them....

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : July 22, 2009, 11:51:39 AM »

That thought did cross my mind as I am sure it was in the box last night, but only the Free Press was there this morning.  As far as calling the Free Press - I'll suck up the 75 cents and just make sure I pick up my Messenger, pouring rain or not.  My weekend edition of the Messenger is usually delivered on Friday night around 8 p.m. however, and I have never found that one missing so far.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : July 22, 2009, 03:04:18 PM »

I gave Geoff Gibson a call.  He is our Messenger Delivery guy and told him what happened.  He told me he did have one other person state they were missing their paper for yesterday, but does not appear to be the Free Press removing the paper.  Told him I would let him know if it happend again, but normally I do not leave my paper in the box over night.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: