Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:22:52 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  RABIES ALERT - SKUNK TESTS POSITIVE HERE IN TOWN
« previous next »
: [1]
: RABIES ALERT - SKUNK TESTS POSITIVE HERE IN TOWN  ( 3591 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 22, 2009, 09:33:12 AM »

PUBLIC NOTICE FOR THE TOWN OF FAIRFAX

A SKUNK HAS TESTED POSITIVE FOR RABIES IN THE TOWN OFFICE AREA.  PLEASE FOLLOW THE ADVICE ON THE RABIES ALERT POSTER BELOW.

RABIES ALERT!

·   Don’t feed or touch wild animals, or animals you don’t know – even baby animals.

·   Get rabies shots for all your pets, even cats.

·   Call your doctor right away if you are bitten, or get animal saliva in a cut, eyes, nose, or mouth.

Vermont Rabies Hotline:  8-800-4-RABIES

If you have contact with an animal that may have rabies, call the Vermont Department of Health at 1-800-620-4374 or 863-7240 (8 to 4:30 Mon-Fri)

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : July 22, 2009, 05:21:50 PM »

A few years ago, when we had a rabid skunk wobbling  and staggering around our yard, I called the skunk hotline and the helpful response was: "Do you have a firearm?" Fortunately, I had a neighbor who did.

By the way, a few weeks ago we had two rabid racoons in the yard.  With some help, we dispatched one of them and the other wandered off to die. 
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« #2 : July 22, 2009, 10:05:34 PM »

Reverend Elizabeth,

Your across-the-road neighbor Aaron Rainville told me tonight that if you have any more creatures that need to be taken care of, don't be afraid to ask him...
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : July 23, 2009, 07:23:49 AM »

Rev Elizabeth's response sent me to the dictionary to see what the word "dispatch" meant.

Here is what I found:

to send off or away with promptness or speed ; especially : to send off on official business
2 a: to kill with quick efficiency (I think this is what happened)
3: to dispose of (as a task) rapidly or efficiently
4: defeat

synonyms see kill

I wonder if Aaron Rainville does Moles

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: