Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:47:24 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Last Night's Phone Outage - Some Notes For Future Outages
« previous next »
: [1]
: Last Night's Phone Outage - Some Notes For Future Outages  ( 2121 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 25, 2009, 08:03:26 AM »

All landline seven digit & 911 phones lines were NOT working in all of Grand Isle County and most of Franklin County, VT. Steve Bessette told me that the town of Franklin, which has an Independent Phone Company, could call 911.  Cell phones
in Grand Isle County were not connecting to VT towers in the area. Cell 911 calls were going to Clinton County NY 911 Center. I don't know what the situation was here in Fairfax, as I don't believe we had any attempts to make 911 calls from cell phones here.

I personally have an AT&T phone and was not able to call any landline phone (Fairpoint) and vice versa.  I was, however, able to call my daughter's Verizon cell phone and had made arrangements with her that in case of an emergency I would call her and she would handle it from there.  I believe Maryann's Medic Alert also did not work, but when I tried it around 7:30 p.m., it was just as the phone lines came back up.

My suggestion for all of you would be, should you try to call 911 and are unable to get through, then and only then, you should try calling The Fairfax Rescue Office Phone at 849-2773 - That particular phone is not manned normally, but might be in a situation such as last night.

For those of you in North Fairfax on the 524/527 exchange try using 524-2131 which would get you through to the Fire & Rescue Dispatcher.  People on the 524/527 exchange were unable to call the 849 exchange last night, so good idea to have both numbers.

For some reason the internet connection (at least at my house) was still working and I actually was made aware of the problem on my forum when Mary & Chris mentioned it.

Put those two phone numbers some place where you can find them as an alternate use only in case you cannot get through to 911.

« : July 25, 2009, 08:12:07 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : July 25, 2009, 08:46:14 AM »

If you want to download a sheet with the phone numbers on it already made up so you can print them out if you wish - Is on the sheet three times, just click on the following link:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/fxtown/Fairfax%20Fire%20Numbers.rtf

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: