Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:26:58 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Sheriff pull-overs
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sheriff pull-overs  ( 2863 )
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« : July 26, 2009, 10:34:19 PM »

Just wanted to first commend the Sheriffs on their patrols this weekend. There are many vehicles that travel well over the posted speed limit in town and it is nice to know that for all the times you see someone driving crazy and think "darn, where is the Sheriff when you need him" that that person is probably going to see the blue lights behind them at some point and time if they keep driving through town like that...

I don't like criticizing anyone on how they do their job, and I don't know if the Sheriffs read this forum or not, but the one thing I think that could be improved is that I hope they start being more mindful of WHERE they pull people over. I was coming down Fletcher Road Friday night, and the Sheriff had someone pulled over at the very end of Fletcher Road where it joins the yellow-light intersection. The Bakery Parking lot was right there, perhaps ordering them to a safer location would have been better.... Cars coming around that corner by River Road did not have any warning until they were right on top of them...

Sheriffs, please try to keep the pull-overs to straight-aways or side roads if at all possible, and keep up the good work!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: