Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 09:18:15 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  BREAKFAST WITH AMY
« previous next »
: [1]
: BREAKFAST WITH AMY  ( 2567 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 07, 2005, 06:55:49 PM »

The Foothills Bakery

Perhaps one of the oldest surviving buildings here in Fairfax in what was originally known as Fairfax Hollow in the center of the old business district, business was booming on this bright sunny morning on November 5, 2005

Still recognizable today even with the addition of the handicap ramp and awning, it is one of three buildings still remaining in the old business district in Fairfax Hollow that you see in the top photo.

Amy Bell, owner of The Foothills Bakery starts her day by arriving at the bakery around 5 a.m. to get things going for the 6 a.m. opening.

While multi-tasking with waiting on customers, shown above rolling out dough for croissants and keeping track of goods baking in the oven she also carries on conversations with her customers.

Stopping in the middle of making the croissants, Amy greets a customer entering the bakery.

And Oh Yes! Another batch containing two kinds of warm croissants is ready

And now back to her original task

Mike Cain, our Fairfax Historical Society President stops by as seen in the background Father Frank reads the newspaper at a front window table while another customer checks the fresh baked goodies on the counter.

Paper read, Cinnamon Roll & Coffee, Father Frank is ready to take on a new day.

And now a new batch of cinnamon rolls goes in the oven. In the background Beth Paquin is placing some of the hot from the oven goodies in baskets to be placed on the counter.

Beth Paquin has a big smile as Rev. Elizabeth drops in for her morning snack

And another warm batch of cinnamon rolls comes out of the oven

A little glaze drizzled over the top and onto the counter they go

Some of the other goodies ready for purchase are shown above

And along the front counter

As well as in the refrigerated showcase

I asked Amy if she had been to culinary school and she told me "No," that she just liked to cook and this certainly must be true. Anyone who can start their day at 5 a.m. and I have seen her still there at 6:30 p.m. has to truly enjoy what they are doing for six days a week.

I picked up a couple of those nice warm cinnamon rolls which Amy makes on Mondays and Saturdays and I have to say, "They were absolutely delicious."

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: