Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:31:07 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Be Careful What Rituals You Start - They Could Become An Expectation
« previous next »
: [1]
: Be Careful What Rituals You Start - They Could Become An Expectation  ( 3633 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 16, 2009, 06:53:09 PM »

A while back our oldest daughter Lynn and her family from Bellows Falls mentioned that each Sunday they all work together and cook a brunch when they get home from Mass on Sundays.  Mentioned that sounded good to me and so when they were up, I got all of the things for a nice brunch.  Eggs, Maple Bacon, Maple Sausage, English Toasting Bread, Cheese and Lynn, Son-In-Law Mike & Grandsons, Henry & Sam all work together in our little small kitchen while Maryann & I and my sister Theresa wait in the living room to be called to eat.  Every time they come up now, this is an expected ritual by their parents and aunt.  What a wonderful gesture.  When they are all done, everything is cleaned up, dirty dishes are in the dishwasher, they usually head back to Bellows Falls around 2 p.m. and Maryann and I usually head for our afternoon nap, truly grateful for this kind gesture.  They tell us they love doing it and I am sure they do.  I know we sure enjoy it.

We are very fortunate as our three kids all do many things for us and each has their special little ritual they have started, that their parents and aunt have grown to expect - Are we spoiled or what??

Henry Raymond
dearon
: 233

« #1 : August 16, 2009, 08:24:03 PM »

Their giving back for all you have done and given to them.  It's alway a pleasure to be treated, an expression of their love.
« : August 16, 2009, 08:49:38 PM Henry »
slpott
: 457

« #2 : August 17, 2009, 06:12:52 AM »

I believe that children are a reflection of their parents. Sometimes that is hard to accept but it's the truth. Sounds like you are reaping the rewards of being a good parent. You deserve it Henry. You are good to all of us.
Formerflatlander
: 67

« #3 : August 17, 2009, 08:50:12 AM »

Good kids and gradkids raised by good parents and grandparents.  Amen to that Henry, you and MaryAnn did good.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: